We have been thinking of doing this for a while and now we FINALLY ARE!!
YOU SPOKE, WE LISTENED
After listening to you, our customer, we decided to offer some of the special service tools on a rental basis. A lot of these tools only do one job and they can be pretty expensive. As a repair shop you have to pass this cost along to your customer or you suck it up. As a technician, you may only need this tool once or twice and it just sits in your tool box collecting dust (or maybe grease!) until you forgot what it even was for. If you are working on your personal car you will probably never need this tool again and hate even having to buy it.
But the truth of the matter is that today’s cars need special service tools . These tools are called out as a necessity in repair manuals. They make repairs easier and sometimes they are THE ONLY way to get the job done.
Here are some of our Rental Tools currently in stock:
- Cam gear pilot for the SERIES 60 Kent-Moore J-35906
- Flywheel Holder – V6 High Feature Engine Flywheel Holder Kent-Moore EN-46106
- GM Chain Retention Tool – Premium V8 Engine Chain Retention Kent-Moore EN-46327
- Thread Repair Extension Kit – Set of extension used with J-42385 thread repair kits Kent-Moore J-43965
- Harmonic Balancer Installer -complete master harmonic balancer installer set available for most cars and light trucks. 6505
- Crankshaft Rear Oil Seal Installation Tool – V6 (2.8L, 3.0L, 3.6L) Kent-Moore EN-47839
- Flywheel Holding Tool for GM – Crankshaft Balancer Remover Tool for GM Chevy Trail Blazer, GMC Envoy and Olds Bravada Kent-Moore J-44226
- On-Car Valve Spring Compressor – In-Line 6 Cylinder On-Car Valve Spring Compressor Kent-Moore J-44228
- Rear Crankshaft Oil Seal Installer (1.4L) Kent-Moore EN-49204
- Rear Main Seal Installer ECOTEC Engine Kent-Moore J-42067
- Valve Spring Compressor – General Motors 4.0L – 4.6L on car valve spring compressor Kent-Moore J-44211
- Volvo Camshaft Alignment Set (Rear) V9995452U
The way this works
- You buy the tool just as you normally would by placing it in your shopping cart and checking out. NOTE: This does not apply to all tools in our catalog, just the ones we have set aside in our rental tool section.
- Rental is for a 30 day period, starting on the day we deliver it to the shipper.
- When you are ready to return the tool, email us for a RGA (Return) number which needs to written on the outside of the box, and Ship it back to us.
- Once we check the item back into stock we will refund you 50% of the cost of the tool. Tool Condition must be the way we send it to you.*
- If you want to keep the tool, it’s OK with us. Do nothing. It is yours to keep for the original purchase price paid.
* Read the complete Rental Policy
We are just building this now and your suggestions are welcome!! Feel Free to comment below with Tool Suggestions.